You love vacuuming your hardwood floors and spending as much time and effort doing it as possible, right? Assuming you have a full schedule already, the answer is an emphatic “No!” You enjoy the results, not the task. Vacuuming is more like one of those chores you wish you had a magic genie for; clap your hands, make a wish and poof! Spotless floors and house.
In absence of having your very own magic cleaning genie, what’s the solution to vacuuming your hardwood floors using the least amount of effort and time, and achieving the best results? A canister vacuum.
Yes, there are other types of vacuums on the market; the most well-known competitor possibly being the upright, but if you’ve read the canister vacuum buying guide at Home Floor Experts, then you know that none compare in form and function to the canister style for vacuuming and preserving the integrity of hardwood floors.
- Did you know you could scratch your hardwood floors by using a vacuum cleaner with a rotating bristle brush? Many upright vacuums have stiff rotating bristles that can cause scratches in wood floors. Canister vacuums offer several attachments dedicated for hard flooring; Using a dedicated attachments would eliminate the risk.
- Canister models generally have stronger suction than other types of vacuum. This sets them above the competition in cleaning hardwood floors because they have more power to suck deep into grooves and crevasses and pull out dirt, dust and debris. This is also a great feature to have for vacuuming pet hair.
- Current vacuum too loud? Canister machines tend to be quieter than other vacuum types; in fact, there is one model that advertises people can fall asleep or listen to music with it running nearby. This would be a great option for busy moms that want to vacuum during a child’s nap time but avoid the task currently because of concerns over loud noise.
- Have allergies? Canister vacuum cleaners tend to have the best filtration systems and are often recommended over other vacuum for persons sensitive to airborne particles. There are vacuums on the market that is able to filter out more than 99.99% of fine dust!
- Always tripping over the vacuum cord or dislike having to manually wind up the cord? Most canister style cleaners feature a convenient retractable cord.
- Dislike switching attachments? Some canisters come with a head that automatically self-adjusts across different floor types, reducing the need to change attachments.
- You don’t have to maneuver the entire vacuum as you clean â€“ only the lightweight flexible wand and head. This is different than an upright vacuum, where you have to push and pull the entire unit as you go along. Using a canister vacuum cuts down on the strength and energy you need to exert while cleaning, making vacuuming easier and more efficient and freeing you up to do things you enjoy more!
- Want your vacuum to be able to glide into tight places and under furniture with ease? A canister may suit you better than an upright. The long hose and low profile head make it easier for them to get into places that uprights can’t. Several models also have a telescoping wand that can be extended for a 30-foot cleaning radius or more, which makes vacuuming hard-to-reach places and hardwood stairs a breeze.
Not convinced yet a canister vacuum is superior than other vacuum types for cleaning hardwood floors? Compare sources, do your due diligence. You will find canister vacuums have several key advantages when it comes to cleaning hardwood floors as well as feature several other perks.
Once you have done your additional research and decided to move forward with your decision, it’s important to consider your primary needs and objectives to decide which one is best for you.
Do you have high-end flooring that requires special care? Is an ultra-quiet vacuum your top priority or is raw suction power more important? Are there any special features that are a must-have? Make a list of what you want your canister vacuum to be able to do and then seek out the model that best fits your needs and budget.
Whichever model you choose, trust that you are purchasing a vacuum whose goal is to make you and your hardwood floors happy! You will have beautiful results and enjoy spending less time and effort vacuuming.